Long-time trash picker Claire A. was rewarded handily for
her hawklike eyes last Thursday. Following an apartment fire on 7th
Street in Oakland that had displaced residents and disrupted transbay BART
service, A. reported that she was riding near the affected area when she
spotted a suspicious-looking green piece of paper on the street. “It looked
like money,” she explained, “so I went back to get it.”
Sure enough, A. had stumbled upon the largest sum yet to be found by a Talkin’ Trash volunteer—$20, nestled right in there with the other bottle caps, pieces of cardboard, and cup lids. “You never know what you’ll find when you’re out on the street,” A. concluded. “I just wish it had been $100."
Sure enough, A. had stumbled upon the largest sum yet to be found by a Talkin’ Trash volunteer—$20, nestled right in there with the other bottle caps, pieces of cardboard, and cup lids. “You never know what you’ll find when you’re out on the street,” A. concluded. “I just wish it had been $100."
No comments:
Post a Comment